UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
UNHCR is a full participant of the Bali Process and is committed to active follow-up in the region under the guidance of the UNHCR Department of International Protection in Geneva.
Important information relating to the process can be accessed below. In particular, comments are welcome on the paper titled: "Co-operation to address the irregular movement of asylum-seekers and refugees: Elements for an International Framework".
Press Release (28 March 2003):
Position Paper (17 April 2003):
- Co-operation to address the irregular movement of asylum-seekers and refugees: Elements for an International Framework Annex 1: Rescue at Sea Annex 2: Concept of "Effective Protection"
- The Agenda for Protection (October 2003)
- Convention Plus At a Glance (15 October 2004)
Refugee Protection and Migration Control:
- Perspectives from UNHCR and IOM (31 May 2001)
- (1) "Best Practices in Asylum Management" (10-12 March 2003)
- (2) "Reconciling Legitimate State Interest to Control Immigration with Refugee Protection" (27 - 29 April 2004)
ExCom Conclusion No. 58:
- The Problem of Refugees and Asylum-Seekers Who Move in an Irregular Manner from a Country in Which They Had Already Found Protection