Biometrics Institute Congress 2021
6-26 October 2021
The Regional Support Office was pleased to attend the Biometrics Institute Congress from 6-26 October 2021 comprising of 8 sessions on the following topics:
- State of Biometrics
- New developments in border management and national security
- National digital identity and biometrics
- Biometrics, artificial intelligence and privacy
- Opening borders and rebuilding safe travel
- Technology – know your algorithm, your data and your implementation
- Key considerations for biometric authentication
- Biometric good practice recommendations
The virtual event also marked the Institute’s 20-year anniversary on 11 October 2021. A special 20-year Anniversary Report was released to showcase how biometrics have made a positive contribution in the areas of privacy and policy; technology innovation; research and development; applications and case studies.
The report is publicly available from the Biometrics Institute’s website.