Bali Process RSO – IOM Regional Roadmap Video
The Regional Support Office (RSO) of the Bali Process, in Partnership with the IOM, has produced the “5 Facts about the Regional Roadmap Project” video. The Regional Roadmap Project helps businesses and governments advance safe labour migration and migrant workers’ protection, during the COVID-19 recovery. The 5 facts in the video are:
- Globally, 25 million people are victims of forced labor, one out of four is a migrant worker.
- Businesses and governments play a crucial role in eradicating forced labour and advocating for safe labour migration especially during COVID-19 recovery.
- Under the Regional Roadmap in Ethical Recruitment and Responsible Businesses implemented between June 2021 and July 2022, IOM and RSO collected best practices across the Indo-Pacific and convened the first bilateral dialogue on the resumption of safe labour migration between Cambodia and Thailand.
- Owing to the project, governments now have a Roadmap to advance migrant workers’ protection during COVID-19 recovery.
- Businesses and governments also gained access to best practices in protecting migrants across the Indo-Pacific. These practices will be disseminated during the Bali Process Government and Business Forum 2022.